This email came right after a conversation this morning with my very good friend (and aspiring triathlete) Gaby about my need to exercise more:
RunKeeper Pro is FREE Through The Month of January!
We know that many of you look at the New Year as a good time to get started with or improve upon your fitness routines. In an effort to encourage more people to get off the couch, and as a show of appreciation to the RunKeeper community for your terrific support for the last two and a half years, we’re making the RunKeeper Pro app (usually $9.99 USD) free to download now through the end of January!
This means you can now download RunKeeper Pro from the iPhone App Store for free through the entire month!
We hope that this helps give you or your friends and loved ones some extra motivation to get out there and log your miles or kilometers! Now, what are you waiting for? Go download the app now! Enjoy, and wishing each of you a healthy and prosperous 2011.
RunKeeper is a great app that I’d been using (Free version with ads and limited functionality) while jogging, here’s the description from the App Store:
RunKeeper uses the GPS technology found in the iPhone to track your fitness activity, giving you comparable results to an expensive GPS watch at a fraction of the cost. Now, you can also enter your activities manually, including your treadmill runs too!
The intuitive and easy-to-use interface of the app makes it easy to track how far you went, how long it took, what your pace/speed was, how many calories you burned, and the path you traveled on a map.
Once your activity is completed, the data is synced to the RunKeeper website (www.runkeeper.com) where you can view a history of all of your activities, and cumulative totals of all of your vital stats. You can also share your progress with friends by posting your activities to Facebook and Twitter, and creating a profile page that allows people to view all of your public activities.
- Activity Tracking: No need for an expensive, standalone fitness tracking device when you can use your iPhone 3G or 3GS to do the same thing. Now you can track how far you went, how long it took you, and the route you traveled right from your iPhone
- Personal Dashboard: Store all historical activities on runkeeper.com, where you can keep track of totals and monitor your progress
- Maps integration: See the exact path you traveled on a map, both on the device and on our website
- Activity Sharing: Share your activities with friends via email, or by posting them to your favorite social sites, including Facebook and Twitter
- Music: You can listen to the iPod during your activity, and even change tracks without leaving the RunKeeper application
- iPod Integration: Choose one of your iPod playlists to start automatically the moment you begin your activity
- Audio Cues: Get time or distance-based updates through your headphones during your activity
- Interval Workouts: Create a workout built from intervals of time and/or distance, and let the audio cues coach you every step of the way
- Target Pace: Enter a target pace at the start of your activity and get coached on whether you are ahead/behind that pace through your headphones
- Geo-tagged Photos: Take photos without having to stop your activity. Photos are geo-tagged so when you view them on RunKeeper.com, they appear on the map right where you took them
- Splits: You can see your split times in the app as you do your activities
- Manual Activity Input: You can enter activities manually, including runs done on a treadmill or without your iPhone
- No Advertisements
So, what are you waiting for?
Download this app and, most importantly, START EXERCISING!!!